So you’re interested in writing for us? Here’s what we need from you before continuing further:
- Follower of Jesus Christ: We believe worship, prayer, being in the Word and obedience are foundational to your ability to write for us.
- Social Media Presence: You must have at least 1,000 followers on Instagram and 500 followers on Facebook. If you don’t currently meet this criteria, please build up your presence on social media then come back to us when you do.
- Previous Writing Experience: You must be published elsewhere on a blog/website, online/print magazine or self-published. If you haven’t been published elsewhere, then you will need to have a degree in journalism, English literature or a similar subject and submit writing samples.
- Meet Deadlines: Be able to submit a writing piece that is due by the monthly deadline for the following themes:
- January 19th deadline: Friendships/Relationships
- February 16th deadline: Identity
- March 16th deadline: Redemption or Spring Fashion/Style/Food
- April 13th deadline: Self-care/Self-awareness or Mental, Emotional and Physical Health
- May 18th deadline: Summer Fashion/Style/Food
- June 15th deadline: Marginalized (Race, Nationality, Disabilities, Socioeconomic disparity)
- Once you have submitted by the above deadlines, your article will be reviewed by the editorial team to be considered to post the following month. Due to the number of submissions, not all articles will be published.
If you can meet the criteria listed above, then please send an email to email@example.com with the following info:
- Short bio
- Geographic location
- Instagram handle
- Facebook address
- Links to published writing or attached writing samples
- 1-2 page testimony of what God has done and is doing in your life
- Which monthly themes you are interested in writing and more specifics on your angle
Once we’ve had the chance to review your info, we will send you further details on how to submit your article as well as other formatting requirements. **Any missing info will result in not being considered. So please be sure you have added all of the info above in your email.
This is an ongoing opportunity for writers to be a voice for Imperishable Beauty. So long as there is a deadline to meet, you can send in your info at any time.
Thank you for your interest to write for us! If it’s been a dream of yours to do this, then we truly want to see that dream come to fruition. We pray that you are blessed extravagantly in 2018!